Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cheesy Bacony Ranchy Goodness


The weather is turning a bit cooler. Which in Texas means in the 80's. With that, I find myself wanting something hearty, and warm for dinner.  I have also found myself bored with my dinner creations lately.  I seem to get writer's block every time I try to come up with dinner ideas.  Meatloaf again anyone? Or how about chicken....
 
Yesterday I made a "concoction" (as the Hubs lovingly coined my kitchen experiments) that turned out pretty good! These cheese, bacon, ranch bisquits, turned out flavorful and fluffy.

You will need:
Bisquik
Milk
1 packet of Southwest Ranch Dry Powder Salad Dressing Mix
4 pieces of bacon (or Real bacon bits)
1 small brick of extra sharp cheddar cheese
 
Here is what I did....
 
Shred 2/3s of the small brick of extra sharp cheddar cheese (set aside)
 
Fry up 4 peices of bacon (you can cook it in the oven if you wish, or use Real Bacon Bits found in the salad dressing section at the grocery.) Once bacon is cooled, chop into small peices. (set aside)
 
Combine Biquick Baking Mix as directed to make "Drop Bisquits" (2 1/4 cups of Biquick  with 2/3 cup of milk.)  Once mixed, add in shredded cheese, bacon bits, and 1 tablespoon of the Southwest Ranch dry powder.

Stir until combined.
 
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
 
Bake at 450 degrees for 7-8 minutes)
 
Enjoy warm!
 
We enjoyed them alongside The Hubs' Homemade Chicken Fried Chicken and Cream Gravy....oh my.


 
 
 





3 comments:

  1. Oh those pictures bring back such great memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lone Star beer...why doesn't that surprise me?

    ReplyDelete