Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Box of Chocolates

{123F Stock images}

 "Box Of Chocolates"- that is kinda what this will be: just a random assortment of what has been going on lately, to update you on my very small world.
 
The Monkey had a bad case of the pukey poops last week that knocked him out of commission for almost an entire week.  Which in turn, knocked us out of commission as well.  He was vomitting almost every hour, and we went through about 5 sets of pajamas a day, several blankets and towels, and my own clothes had to be changed 3 times the first day.  We eventually started lining the floor with blankets, and when the projectile stuff happened, we just scooped the blanket up and replaced it with one out of the dryer. It took both the Hubs and I to take care of our little fella. He ended up going to the doctor on Tuesday when he couldn't keep anything down, not gatorade or pedialite, nothing.  He got a prescription, and a shot in his heiney that made him scream like a horror movie death victim. But he is doing better (finally) this week.
 
I had to work all weekend, which threw all of the normal scheudules off, and just snowballed everything into giant piles of laundry and the likes.
 
I got a promotion at work.  I actually received word of the promotion while I was at home with a puke covered shirt on. What a shining career moment that is. The promotion is exciting for me, because I will be doing the work I originally signed on with this company with the hopes of doing, and it will give me a substantial pay increase. Win, win. I have been very, very busy with this new promotion.  Learning my new job, as well as training my replacement on my old job.  New jobs always scare me, even when you already work for a company, new assignments are always nerve wracking.  I hate feeling like I have no idea what I am doing, and knowing that a matter of national security now hangs in the balance. (My fancy new job is in Homeland Security...wow, hope I don't screw this one up ) Who decided I was the person to trust with this type of important work...?? If they only knew what a jack ass I am, they would totally just put me in a corner and let me touch nothing.  
 
We get to find out the gender of the baby on Monday (hopefully) I am very excited about this. However, I have to be at the ultrasound place at 06:30 am, and have to drink 32 oz of water before I get there and then not pee...yeah....tell that to a pregnant lady...see if she doesn't laugh at you.  I keep picturing myself peeing all over the table the first time they push on my belly.  What a beautiful moment for me and The Hubs...ahhh.
 
We bought a new washing machine. Woohoo! Our old one was so loud that when it spun, we had to stop talking and just wait for it to be done.  You could feel it vibrating the floors in the ENTIRE house. The new one is a fancy shmansy Samsung digital thinga-ma-gingy that looks like it has space ship controls.  The Hubs and I spent 20 minutes just trying to figure out what wash cylce to use.  It has all these cutesy names like "pure cycle" and "waterfall rinse."  I ended up going with "normal"  boooo...I lose, boring alert. It was a giant PAIN IN THE ASS getting that son of a B...delivered and I was ready to choke a delivery driver in my livingroom after it was all over. Just FYI- if they tell you they will be there between 2-4pm, and you rearrange your ENTIRE weekend to make sure you are home for the delivery, they will show up at 11:00am, and wonder why you aren't there.   Then they will tell you they will come between 7-9pm the next day to accomadate your work schedule....but apparently 7-9pm means 3:45 pm in the afternoon. But alas, the new washer is installed and sings me a happy tune when the laundry is done. I think it is trying too hard, but whatever, it is still new and trying to make a good impression.
 
Valentine's Day is Thursday. The Hubs already gave me my gift (no it wasn't the washing machine :) although, if you know me, you would know I would LOVE a washing machine as a gift.  I ASKED for a vacuum cleaner last Christmas)  The Hubs wrote me a song.  He wrote the music, and the lyrics, and played the guitar, and recorded it for me. I know, sorry other Husbands, I gave you two days to get on the ball after your wifes read that one... Get crackin.  We probably won't go out for dinner Thursday because the Hubs is "on-call" for work, and that would really suck to sit down at a nice restaurant just to get a call that some angry wife murdered her husband over bad chocolates and the Hubs has to go investigate. We will probably try to go to our special fancy dinner place this weekend.
 
We plan on planting a vegetable garden this weekend, and some more roses, and making our yard look pretty.  Here in Texas, Spring will begin.... oh any day now, so we can do that here.  Sorry Northerners, you have snow, I have 80 degrees and lettuce and cilantro already blooming away. We might also clean the carpets this weekend. Heh, they need it.  See first paragraph of blog.
 
Tune in Monday for the Big Baby Gender Reveal News!!! Weeee!

7 comments:

  1. Well Darlin, I couldn't have written it without you as an inspiration! And as far as the washing machine, it scares me a little. It is communicating with the other 3 Samsung devices in the house and I fear a Coup d' Etat. Or a Coupe DeVille. Both are kinda scary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord, I didn't think about the Samsung's taking us over.....crap

      Delete
  2. Wow! So much going on in your corner of Texas. Hurray to all the good things. Homeland Security? Sounds like a job that involves oodles of paperwork and a big red button that says, "Push To Detonate Bombs". What was a line from the song, btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lots of scary paperwork, and I try not to go near any of the buttons :D The song is called "the old Parking lot" And is the story of how we met set to music. My favorite line is the bridge it goes "We recently got married and a baby's on it's way, we sit and drink our coffee and we talk about our day.." He sat and recorded it on a little recording program he has on his laptop in our kitchen while I was at work this weekend. :)

      Delete
  3. Dang...Hubs is making life miserable for us slackers.

    Congratulations on the promotion and especially the more dinero part. Does this mean I can stop looking for a pro bono cinematographer to chronicle the lives of two public servants...see my earlier reply to an entry.

    I'm glad "Monkey" is on the mend; I mean just how much punk can one pregnant woman take? I noticed you never commented on Hubs doing any wardrobe changes. Makes me wonder is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually....to be graphic...he ended up catching some in his bare hands and saving my carpet......he rocked!

      Delete
  4. Heh, no sir. Due to my training and experience as a Homicide Detective, I am highly trained at being in close proximity all sorts of projected bodily fluids without getting any on me...

    ReplyDelete