Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Sweet as can BEE!!!

{Photo by Judy J. Sims- Aka, only the coolest Aunt ever}
 
This weekend was my baby shower, hosted by my stunning Aunt and gorgeous Cousin.  So....eat your heart out Pinterest, and Martha Stewart.  There are two lovely ladies down here in Texas that can put any fancy magazine cover party to shame. Can it get any cuter!!!? Gah! I was in baby bee heaven!

The party was just stunning, with adorable and stylish details, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G food, and wonderful company.  We had brunch, as all proper southern ladies do on a lovely Saturday.  There were cheesy sausage-y casseroles,  fruit, and croissants, and this amazing grape salad that I must confess, I ate on Sunday morning, and again  this morning for breakfast. (I got to take home the left overs! Wee! One of the perks!)

{Photo by Amy Fetters- I know she throws amazing parties AND takes gorgeous photos....be jealous}

My friends and family are so amazing generous, and I was over joyed to spend the morning chatting with some of the most lovely ladies I know over iced tea and pastries.  It just doesn't get any better than that.
 
{Photo by Amy Fetters- You KNOW you want to Pin this....do it!}

{Copyright Judy J. Sims- but who would want to steal a pic of me anyways.....weirdos}
 
Our little Colt is seriously set after this shindig.  He has everything he will need to be a happy, healthy and very stylishly dressed little  man when he gets here....in just 15 weeks! EEEK!

I went home and washed all his new tiny clothes and velvety soft blankets in his special baby detergent.  I lovingly sat on  the couch for hours and sorted tiny socks and touched blankets to my face.  I even got the Hubs to help me pick out which outfit Mr. man will wear on his way home from his big debut.

The Hubs also spent the night putting together pac-n-plays and strollers, just so I could see them, then packing them all back away to wait for their little guest. He lets me play house whenever I want.


{The hostesses who created this gorgeous babyshower!}
 
The Hostess with the Mostest and The Preggo
{Copyright Judy J Sims- again- Don't steal her stuff...:)}
 
As I type this, my little alien is kicking and spinning around in there like a wild tazmanian devil. He must have enjoyed himself too! (Or atleast the food...bet he really liked that)
 
What a lucky girl I am to have such wonderful family who showered blessings upon me this weekend. **Sigh, deep inhale, perfect.**
 
 
 
 








5 comments:

  1. What a sweet shower! I am now craving whatever those chocolate thingies are. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! They are these amazing petit fours (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly) Basically, chocolate cake with this decadent but light as air chocolate icing from our favorite local bakery- Montgomery Bakehouse...to die for! If you lived closer you sooo would have been invited :D

      Delete
  2. It was such fun and we southern ladies did enjoy the food as well as the conversation. You are a beautiful precious pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was such a great time

      Delete
  3. It was an amazing perfect shower! I agree with Momma to be; we have an awesome & generous family! Thank you all for overwhelmingly welcoming my beautiful daughters new precious baby boy! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete