Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

He is easy to love

This little fella, right here....

has completely turned our lives upside down. He never sleeps, often refuses to eat, and always refuses to do anything but pull up on all the furniture, all the time...(ending in slips and bumped heads...every...5....minutes) He struggles to get down now when I try to snuggle him too much, he is always ready to go and cruise and move, and yet still never wants to rest. I love him more than words could describe, and when I look at these pictures of his little face, my heart feels like it might explode with love and pride.  He is not a particularly easy baby, but loving him is easy. And I thank God everyday for picking me to be his Mommy.
{He...is a busy little bee, note the one sock on, one sock off...that is his signature look...kinda like when LL Cool J rolled one pant leg for some unknown reason... (Am I severely dating myself by referring to LL Cool J?)}
 
An update on the "cry it out"....we did great for the first few days, and things seemed promising. We were able to get him to sleep in his own crib with like maaaaybe 5 minutes of fussing...and then he got a sniffly cold. And his congestion woke him up almost hourly, and I would have to pick him up and set him upright to get it to drain and give him some relief. And he couldn't suck his pacifier in order to put himself back to sleep, cause he couldn't breathe out of his widdle nose. And so...we are back a square one. He is waking up crying multiple times per night, and the only thing that consoles him is me picking him up and rocking him in our recliner. So...we will try again. His sniffles seem to be subsiding, so we will start over. Only now...he can pull up on his crib. And he stands at the bars screaming like some sort of unruly jail inmate, screaming for his release from this unjust imprisonment. It is just as much fun as it sounds. Oh, and did I mention, he still shares a room with us? I literally sleep (no I don't) about 3 feet away from him in my own bed. That isn't good enough. He must be touching me. Period. More on the shared room situation later. We have some things in the works to remedy this problem, but I don't want to talk about it here until some more things are finalized.
Stay tuned......
And while you wait enjoy this face:
 

3 comments:

  1. That is such an easy face to enjoy! He wants his mommy to make his bail and bust him out.

    On a side note, I wonder if this is the beginning of the zombie apocolyse? Zombies will be nothing more than parent's who's kiddos won't let them sleep EVER, and instead of seeking brains, they're just looking for a quiet place to rest for ONE HOUR....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right! Poor misunderstood zombies

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a sweet, sweet face... even for someone who doesn't know the personality that comes with it.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete